Set Up POP - Outlook 2003
For increased security, we recommend that you use our secure (SSL) servers, as detailed below. Note: If your internal system configurations require non-SSL ports, please see the "Email Server Settings" page for our full list of available servers and ports.
To set up Outlook 2003 for POP, perform the following steps:
1.In Outlook, select Tools / E-mail Accounts.
2.Click the Add a new e-mail account radio button.
3.Click the Next button.
4.Click the POP3 radio button.
5.Click the Next button.
6.Enter the following information:
- Your Name - Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- E-mail Address - Enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com).
- User Name - Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password - Enter the password for your email account.
- If you want Outlook to check for email without prompting you to enter your password, check the Remember password box.
- Incoming mail server (POP3) - Enter the secure server name:
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) - Enter the secure server name:
7.Click the More Settings button.
8.Click the Outgoing Server tab.
9.Select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box. Leave the default setting, Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
10.Click the Advanced tab.
11.Select the first This server requires a secure connection (SSL) check box.
12.In the Incoming server (POP3) box, enter the secure incoming port: 995
13.Select the second This server requires a secure connection (SSL) check box.
14.In the Outgoing server (SMTP) box, enter the secure outgoing port: 465.
15.A POP connection typically removes the email messages from the email server after you have downloaded new messages to your computer. If you would like to leave copies on the server, select the Leave a copy of messages on server check box. To avoid exceeding your account's storage limits, indicate whether the server should delete messages after a certain number of days and/or delete messages when you manually delete them from the Deleted Items folder. We recommend a setting no shorter than 10 days and no longer than 90 days.
16.Click the OK button.
17.Click the Next button.
18.Click the Finish button.